CinderFella Chimney Dweller, Sweeping Terms and Conditions
- Appointment Time. The arranged appointment will be confirmed by email. The Appointment time is to be considered as an estimate of the arrival time to within 30 minutes. Problems with preceding jobs and traffic conditions will have an effect on arrival time. We will phone the customer if the arrival time is likely to be more than 30 minutes after the arranged time. If this inconveniences the customer then the appointment time can be re-arranged.
- Payment. Payment for the work is to be made on completion of the work. The sweeping certificate will not be issued until payment is made. Payment may be by Cheque, Cash or BACS/Instant Transfer prior to the appointment (BACS & Instant Transfer by prior agreement).
- Cancellation. If the customer wishes to cancel or re-arrange the appointment then this should be done as soon as possible. If we arrive at the address for a previously agreed appointment, and are not required, or the customer is not present, or we cannot complete the work through no fault of ours the customer will be liable for a call out charge of £35. If the customer is excessively late for the previously agreed appointment, a call out fee will be charged.
- Parking and Access. We require safe and legal parking and access. On arranging the appointment the customer is to confirm the situation and advise us accordingly. In situations where CinderFella Chimney Dweller has to pay for parking, the parking fee will be charged to the customer. If on arriving at the property and we are unable to park safely or legally, or at a sensible distance from the property, then CinderFella Chimney Dweller has the right to cancel the appointment and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. Please ensure that we have adequate access to the appliance carry out the work.
- Health and Safety. CinderFella Chimney Dweller will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of the customer and occupants at the property. The customer must act on CinderFella Chimney Dweller's advice with regards to health and safety while the work is in progress. Failure to act may result in termination of the work with full payment to be made. The customer is to ensure that the working area is safe and hygienic for CinderFella Chimney Dweller to enter. If we find the property dangerous to enter, the work will not proceed and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. If the chimney/fireplace is found to contain asbestos components, the work will cease. The customer may be liable for the full payment and safe removal of the asbestos must be carried out before the work can be completed. Working at heights is a weather dependant activity. CinderFella Chimney Dweller has the right to cancel an appointment for work that involves ascending ladders or the use of mobile access equipment if the weather is judged to compromise safety. If equipment has been hired for the work, the customer will be liable for the cost. No other additional charge will be made for our time and the appointment will be re-arranged.
- Power Supply. The customer is to supply power for the sweeping or
work. This will be mainly for the vacuum.
- Waste Disposal. Any product of cleaning a chimney or appliance will be disposed of in the customer's own waste disposal bins (soot is classed as household waste). CinderFella Chimney Dweller is not licensed or authorized to remove waste products.
- Standard of work. CinderFella Chimney Dweller will take all measures to adequately protect the property from dirt, soot and equipment. Fireplaces will be completely covered. All walkways will be sheeted. CinderFella Chimney Dweller cannot be held responsible in the event of dirt/soot escaping the protective covering, due to the abnormalities/ill-fitting fire places/surrounds. CinderFella Chimney Dweller take every care when sweeping chimneys with bird guards fitted. We cannot be held responsible in the event of a bird guard or chimney pot being disturbed (and subsequent damage) when sweeping takes place. If the chimney pot /stack is disturbed during sweeping it is not considered ‘fit for purpose’ and CinderFella Chimney Dweller cannot be held responsible.